Tuesday, November 3, 2009


Home again........ For me it is a bitter / sweet thing. When I am here, I miss being in Haiti, and when I am in Haiti, I miss being here with my family. For those that go as a part of a team, it is also a bit of a transition. The need is so great, yet the love from the kids and locals is also so warm and friendly, it is hard sometimes to transition back into our regular routine. Our prayers are that we never quite transition all the way back to where we were. That we now have a better understanding of the heart of God for the people of the world. Here in North America, we spend the majority of our time, energy, and money on our comforts and our pleasures. In countries like Haiti, all of their time, energy, and money are spent on survival......Not much time to rest as we gear up for the next trip. November 6th thru 16th. ( Please pray for me as I work to keep my business going enough to take care of my family and pay my personal bills.)
Current status in Haiti is that Construction of the new orphanage is going well. Relations with the kids and the locals are going extremely well. And our efforts to build up and encourage the local pastors are beyond our best expectations. Please continue to pray for us as you are part of our team, definitely making a difference in the lives of the people of Haiti.
P.S. We are excited to be putting the finishing touches on our remodeled website as we speak. Look for it coming soon to a computer near you.................Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment