Friday, August 2, 2013

Hello,
Live wrecked! The words in front of me on a hunk of embossed aluminum. The same words from one of my favorite books. Words that sound great in theory, but living them? …… I love living here in Haiti. But it is sooo hard at times. The last two days I don’t think I could describe any other way, but to say I am living wrecked. We have had victories and incredible spiritual attack. I have experienced anger over injustices, and frustrations over the unbelief of most of the people in Haiti that it cannot be different.  I have been emotionally exhausted and physically exhausted. Is living wrecked such a great idea? In reality I know it is where I am supposed to be, and with that in mind I wouldn’t be anywhere else. 
I will start with sharing a huge victory with you. We have been visiting our villages and talking about leadership and also evangelism. We had a day of evangelizing in Pass Rein day before yesterday. It started at 7:30 in the morning and went until about 1:00 in the afternoon. I shared with the group one of my favorite sayings, “God does not call the equipped, He equips the called.” Mike shared that if you knew you had the medicine to save someone who was sick, you would give it to them, even if they did not believe you. Also if you knew someone was floating down the river into danger you would try to warn them about the danger ahead, even if they did not believe it was coming. Mike, Nathan and I shared other things also, then they started going door to door in their community. 45 people received salvation that day, 45! God is incredibly amazing. Nathan was even able to share with the Madame or the witch doctor who is frustrated that she has lost her power over Pass Rein. She did not accept Christ, but she did sit and listen as Nathan shared the gospel with her once again. Please keep praying for her. It has been a long time since she has been even willing to listen to Nathan or Mike.
We only have 2 new cases of the mumps this round. One of them is my daughter Janae. There is a 2 to 3 week incubation period so I still do not know if we are finished with them. We have had 20 children come down with the mumps so far. Please keep praying for the ones with the mumps and that we have no more cases.
We have two new girls. Which is both good and bad at the same time? Bad because more children need help and good because a lot of times girls are not sent to orphanages, they are kept as slaves for both domestic and sexual purposes. Please pray for their adjustment into the orphanage. When gathering clothes and shoes etc. for them I realized that we need more shorts, and skirts for girls size 6 to 10. If anyone of you have any used ones in good shape that you would like to donate that would be great.
There is a lot more to write but this is getting long, so I will try and write again tomorrow. Thank you for listening to me share my heart. Thank you for your prayers also, we depend on them.
Blessings,

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment