Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Mike and Kael


 Hello,


Last night I received a shocking call from Haiti. I was told that our main ministry and school administrator, Kael Fontish had suffered a stroke. Late this morning,  I received yet another call from Pastor Nathan telling me that this morning Kael went to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We are all stunned and heartbroken. He was not that old, and in good health. He was a key person in this ministry and a dear close friend to me personally.

It is rare in Haiti to find such a humble leader as Kael. It is indeed a special and humble person who can minister sacrificially, day and night, and shy away from any recognition as a "pastor." 

Kael had such an insatiable appetite for the life-giving church theology. I still remember well, when one afternoon in the early years, Kael came to me to say; "Pastor Mike, I can't believe that I have lived this long without understanding all that Jesus has done for me and that He wants to have a personal relationship with me, WITH ME; CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!" Kael has occupied a precious place in my heart ever since that day.

Kael has a lovely wife, two adult children, and many of close brothers and sisters in the Lord. 

Please pray for all of us, his family, friends, and especially Pastor Nathan, as we mourn the loss of a dear friend, and navigate with heavy hearts, and some now needed administrational changes in the ministry in Haiti. "Kael; you sir, will be deeply missed."....

--
Mike and Chris Leland

No comments:

Post a Comment