Thursday, March 20, 2014

Hello,

We have had a small team from Canada here all week. I was in the US, so I have not been updating their trip. They have been really great. They have spent a lot of time with the children. They have had movie times, they have spent time making jewelry, coloring, they brought Nerf rockets, many of which we have rescued from the roof :) They also brought a game which is something like a zip line for a ball. The older boys have enjoyed looking at coffee table books of Canada that they brought. The boys have asked me about some the photos. Laura and her daughters even brought homemade treats for all of the children. 

This morning the team visited our school in Marotte. They prayed over them and passed out candy. Later they went into Gonavies, to the market and to the political square.

Tonight Mike will be teaching bible study in Marose. Please pray for opened hearts and minds. Last night Nathan had over 100 people attend the bible study in Pass Rein. 

Tomorrow the team will be visiting our school in Pass Rein.

Last Tuesday night, while I was gone, Nathan came upon a 18 year old girl being badly beaten in the road. He rescued her and brought her to the orphanage to make sure she was not seriously hurt. Nathan, Mike and the team spent time helping her and then prayed over her. We would appreciate your prayers for her as she heals. Nathan will check on her again and see how she is doing. 

We have been working with IBESR the children's protection service in Haiti for the past couple of month's. We have been licensed in Gonaives and are trying to receive our orphanage licence in Port-au-Prince also. Please be praying as we finish up the paperwork. We are very close. 

Also tomorrow we have a meeting with a company from the Dominican Republic. We are hoping they will be clearing the land for our new Trish's Playground of Hope. This will be a covered play area, that will be about 50 x 60 feet. It will have a concrete pad for basket ball, tether ball, 4 square, hopscotch and chess on a giant scale. It will also include concrete picnic tables. Please pray for a favorable response, as big machinery is hard to come by in Haiti.

Thank you so very much for your prayers before, during and after the birth of our grandson. God answered all of your prayers and hundreds more. We know of at least 6 churches putting him on their prayer chains. After many complications, he is finally able to be off medications and IV's. He has one test result left to come back, but he was finally able to go home with Mom and Dad. I was blessed to be back in Lynden for the birth. It was very hard to miss one of my granddaughters be born this past summer. Being around to love and support my children, as my grandchildren are born is very dear to my heart.  I am so glad I was able to be with them as they walked through this time in their lives. Sorry I did not see many of you on this trip as things became complicated and most of my focus was on Dustin, Melissa and Cameron. I am blessed to have a husband willing to stay in Haiti with some of my other children and continue to home school and keep the household going while doing ministry. My children were the only little ones at the 3 day youth camp that was the high school alternative to carnival. They are used to being with us during ministry though and did well. I always have such mixed emotions as I leave Haiti or leave Lynden. In either place it is so hard for me to leave the ones I love. It is always with tears, and even more so on this trip. It was hard to leave Dustin and Melissa with Cameron still in the hospital. It was also hard not having a lot of time to spend with others. We are so thankful for your prayer support through this time and we feel very blessed by you and God's mercy.

Blessings,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment