Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Hello,

I Just returned last Thursday from Haiti.
I want to personally thank all of you for your prayers. I could literally feel them with me for the first several days that we were in Haiti. I was able to move about the city of Port-Au-Prince as if protected by angels. The things that I had hoped to accomplish, were done easier than I could have ever hoped or imagined.

Chris sent out some very well written prayer partners, describing our experiences. I'm so proud of her. She is gifted. If you haven't had the chance to read them yet, please do. I could not have done them nearly as well myself, so I won't be repeating them.


This trip was partially for connecting again with the people I love and long to see healthy, happy, and whole in the Lord. Also, it was partially to communicate to them the things that God has been speaking to me about the growth and direction of the ministry in Haiti. Also, it was to test the climate, if you will, of the safety of the city, to determine if it would be safe and productive to bring teams in the near future. I was amazed at the clear and positive response I felt to all these objectives.

This trip was one of the most gratifying trips I have taken in resent years. The ministry is going so well and so strong. The leaders are stepping up to a much higher level of spiritual maturity then I have ever seen. God is moving so powerfully by His Holy Spirit, and the Haitian leadership is cooperating with Him. I'm so proud of them. The real benefit of their obedience is going to all the people and children in the 10 villages that we are currently serving.
Pastor Nathan is spreading out the leadership of the ministry to those with the appropriate gifts that God has given them for the job. WOW.

This now sets the stage for exponential growth in many areas of ministry in Haiti. Reaching out to new villages with the Life-Giving message of Jesus. Educating more children and youth to rise up out of poverty and oppression. Developing small communities to a spiritual and practical place of unity and prosperity that will remain sustainable.
"Please sir, give me this spring of living water, so that I won't get thirsty again and need to keep asking for more." (John 4:15)

Thank you again for your compassionate prayers and support for this ministry and the miraculous work that God is doing for the children of Haiti, that He loves so much............Mike

Mike and Chris Leland



Some of our kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment