Sunday, January 26, 2020

Hello,

I wanted to thank you for your prayers. Mike and Greg arrived safely in Port-au-Prince today. Usually Mike leaves from the airport and travels directly to Gonaives, but this trip he needed to stay in Port-au-Prince to do some government business on Monday. Please pray for his safety Monday as he travels through Port-au-Prince, Dr. Ralph, one of our physicians will be traveling with him. Please pray for favor and for much to be accomplished. It is so hard to get things done in Haiti, please pray that God's favor rests on them.

Late last night, Saturday, I was studying and the Lord spoke to my heart and I felt like I was supposed to share it with you. So here it is, I hope it encourages you and speaks to you as well. 

Hello, 

I wanted to share a bit of my heart with you tonight. Some thoughts I have had. A few things have come together lately that have spoken to my heart. One is the other night there was an alumni speaker, his name was Nick, at my daughters Consecration of the Hands ceremony for nursing school at SPU, in Seattle. He shared that he looked at his profession as a nurse, as not a job, but his calling. He shared that he believed that his being with people as life was birthed or as they took their last breath, was being the hands and feet of God. He shared that through his relationship with patients and willingness to share about Jesus during their vulnerable times, he had built a relationship with people who had invited him into their lives, who had asked him to perform their funeral, as they had no one else in their life who knew Christ. And to be the 'pastor' that married them to the person they had fallen in love with, also going through cancer treatments before they died, as no one else around them knew Christ. He shared that he took the opportunities that God gave him to be the hands and feet of Jesus, and to speak life. 


I think we are in a battle and the enemy has caused us to fear being the hands and feet of Jesus to those around us. I've asked myself, are we valuing our lives over taking the chance to reach out and help those around us? The other morning as I was getting ready for the day, I started to be fearful as I thought of the what if's and how they could play out in my life, and I heard God say "I am not a God of fear". Life seems hard sometimes, I  think we forget we were born into war. We forget where our real home lies. We are here temporarily, in a way we are just visiting, lets not fear using our short time here fully walking in and embracing all who we can. Let's not be a dim light in the path that others aren't sure is a real light, let us be that sure, steadfast, brilliant light that they cannot help but be drawn to. As for me, I want to take as many with me into eternal life as I can and to do that I need God's perspective. Some things to ponder.

Thank you for listening to me as I share my heart and thoughts and thank you for being faithful in praying, as I have said before, we really depend on your prayers.

Many Blessings, Chris

Below are some photos from Nathan as they shared rice with some of the different communities.





No comments:

Post a Comment